Approximate Meal Plan Cost As Prescribed:
Chain grocery store (Publix): $220.00
Warehouse store (Costco or Sam's): $178.00
Your final tally will depend on your geographic location and how much you rely on bulk purchases. As an example, you can get one quart of extra light olive oil at Publix for $19.99 or you can get four quarts at Costco for $16.50. You follow? Meat and produce will also be less at the warehouse stores, but might mean you're buying more than you'll need for this plan.
Customize Your Plan and Shop It Up!
I have created a customizable grocery list in the form of an Excel spreadsheet. Even if you're no good with Excel, I've set it up in a foolproof way that even "The Jo!" could handle. Just follow these instructions:
- Open the document and click on the tab at the bottom that says "Menu item & Ingredient Brkdown."
- At the top, you'll see the number "1" in bold just below each menu item. You can change this number to correspond with the number of portions that you'd like to make. Say you want to make a double batch of the Chicken Tortillas Soup just change the "1" to a "2" and it will increase the ingredients for this recipe. Make sense?
- Click back to the tab that says "Meal Plan 17.13 Grocery List" and your quantities will be updated.
- Print out the grocery list from the first tab only.
- Compare what you need to what you have on hand and finalize your list.
Then, head to the grocery store and make your purchases swiftly and efficiently.
I want you to knock this out in one shopping session and two cooking sessions. I'll explain these now, but make sure to scroll down to the notes on each meal below. They are listed beneath each picture.
In cooking session one:
- Prepare the Slow Cooker Carnitas, place it into the slow cooker, set the slow cooker on a foil-lined sheet pan, and leave it on your counter or in your garage to cook for 10-12 hours overnight.
- Prepare the Mac Nut Crusted Pork with Cucumber Avocado Salsa. Enjoy this as a meal or dinner tonight. Properly store any remaining portions in your refrigerator for up to five days.
- Clean up the kitchen and pat yourself on the back for a day well done.
In cooking session two:
- Portion out the Carnitas and refrigerate for up to seven days or freeze for up to six months. This one freezes and reheats very well.
- Prepare the Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza. Enjoy a slice for breakfast and portion out the remaining slices for more meals this week. Store these in the freezer and pull one out each night for a quick breakfast the next morning.
- Prepare the Thai Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice. Portion out and store in the refrigerator for five to seven days or freeze for up to six months (they won't last that long!). Enjoy a portion for lunch or dinner if you'd like.
- Sit back and take it all in. Your Paleo Bank Account is stocked and now you are a Culinary Ninja who is ready to tackle life with energy, clarity, and confidence. Be sure to tell your friends about PaleoNick.com!